4.18.2008

A small commercial break...



Photo courtesy of merlinmann

Hi gang, It's been a brutal week at work (Part and parcel with being a manager now!) so I've been unable to get on here and finish the banking series.

Instead I just have a quick quote I want to share with you:

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack."
Gen. George S. Patton

This quote jumped out at me particularly as it relates to getting out of debt. During too many conversations I've been met with resistance and borderline hostility when I share that my wife and I are trying to get out of debt. I usually get the defensive "Oh, well we are too!" but within no less than 2 minutes after that statement, they're already talking about the struggle they're having keeping the mortgage current and how it's going to impact the $10,00 vacation to the Samoan Islands they're taking next month! How did we as a society get into this state of disrepair?!? And why are we so willing to TALK about it, instead of BE about it?

For me it's eerily reminiscent of people who claim to know and love the Lord but consistently exhibit behavior contrary to His Word and His Will! (But I'm not even about to go there today.)

Are you cynical towards something that you should not be? Is there something you lack, but instead of working toward it, you're the one laughing on the sidelines while others cross the finish line? If so, then this post is for YOU, how ever you want to recieve it...

@W

No comments:

Post a Comment