1.18.2009

Forgive Us Our Debts...


Photo courtesy of Doc Stampede

Welcome to @riskliving blog, season 2...

Though we're only 2 weeks into this year, I'm already seeing a pattern or theme for what this year might hold for the blog.

Yes, it will still be about debt, but in many more ways than the financial kind.

This process is turning into something LIFE changing for us instead of just changing our financial situation.

See, somewhere along the way in 2008 a different mission was handed to us (my wife and I) than the one we signed up for. We just wanted to be debt free. No collections agencies, no past due bills, no accounts in default, no more screening 'Unknown Callers'... we got fed up with it.

But we soon realized we had a calling to not just pull ourselves out of the pit, but to try to bring YOU along at the same time. Back in the mid 90's there was a song called "It Ain't No Fun If My Homies Can't Have None..." and though the message of that song is VASTLY off-topic, the point still applies.

We need you on this journey with us.

If you don't band together with us in this effort to eliminate debt it will make our life worse! No, really! Who will we go on cruises with, who will we sow and give with, who will we travel and vacation with if we're out of debt and you're still in? We won't really get to see you much, because you won't be able to do the things that we have been positioning ourselves to do!

We want you to be a part of this movement, this family.

Jesus once asked the question "Who is my Mother, and who are my brothers but they that do the will of my Father which is in heaven!" Matthew 12:48-50 (paraphrased)

And one aspect of our Father's will is for us to not be mired in debt. In fact Jesus even taught us to pray for the forgiveness of our debts in the 'Lord's Prayer'. Matthew 6:9-15

Now I know what you're saying: "@W, He wasn't talking about that type of debt."

But I beg to differ, He didn't specify what type of debt because He was talking about ALL forms of debt...

Well... all except for maybe one type of debt: The Debt of Gratitude.

I now know that even after all my bills are paid off and I don't owe another red cent of debt. I will still owe something.

I WILL NEVER BE DEBT FREE, because I will always be indebted to both those who have served as our mentors in this process and those who have looked to us as examples. If you are reading this, then you fall into one of those 2 categories.

That is the only debt I'm willing to live with!

@W






If you liked this post, please click on an ad. Or you can click this link to donate.

1 comment:

Tocoliz said...

Great post Adrian. Is this the first post for 2009?

Post a Comment