4.16.2009

What the HECK are you DOING?!?!


Photo courtesy of Whysteriastar


The title says it all... it's the number one question I get from family and friends when they ask how we're doing with "the debt thing".

Four years ago, my financial routine was as follows: To spend nearly all of my money on multiple pairs of the same sneaker in the same color, a PlayStation game or two, and the latest DVD release from Best Buy for that week. Once those major priorities were taken care of I'd make sure I had enough money left to cover breakfast, lunch, and dinner from McDonald's, and enough gas money to get me back and forth to work. No savings, no 401k, no responsibility. I didn't even know HOW to budget, let alone consider following one! But me? Man, I was living THEE LIFE! ...Right?

My how life has changed! Before we started this journey to evict our debt, I was barely making a salary above $40 Grand... but flash forward to today and we've paid off $46.5k! (Stop it, you're making that face again.)

So what changed? In short, it's a simple phrase but in practice it's anything but simple:

"Live like no one else, so that one day you can LIVE like no one else."


Over the next few posts I'm going to introduce you to what that really looks like in my everyday life.

In the next episode: "You want me to do WHAT?!?"

@W



If you liked this post, please click on an ad. Or you can click this link to donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment